B. Wood Insurance will support any project or program that improves the quality of life in our community through the application of financial and/or human resources. Our values reflect those of a business started by Ben and Bryan Wood, who grew up in San Diego. They feel that by receiving so much community support when they grew up, that there is a 100% responsibility to give back as much as possible.
B. Wood Insurance believes strongly in giving back to the community. Service is echoed throughout every facet of what we do here at B. Wood Insurance, and we encourage our employees to extend that outside of our walls by donating their time, talent and treasure to worthy causes.
We recognize that when people make a strong commitment to participating in community efforts through volunteer work, they simply feel really good about themselves, which in turn helps our clients overall experience.
Our areas of focus include but are not limited to the following list of charities/organizations.
- Nativity Prep Academy
- San Diego Rotary
- UCSD Moore’s Cancer Center
- San Diego Big Brothers and Sisters
- Emilio Nares Foundation
- John Brockington Foundation
- Father Joe’s Village
- Noah Homes
- University of San Diego
- Flying Leathernecks Marine Corps Aviators
- Friendly Sons of St. Patrick
- John Paul the Great Catholic University
- School of the Madeline
- Sacred Heart Parish
- San Diego Mission de Alcala
- San Diego Cursillo
- Cathedral Catholic High School
- Point Loma High School
- YMCA of San Diego
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- San Diego Hall of Champions
- Jim Mulvaney’s Concert on the Green
- Nazareth School
- St. Charles Borromeo Academy
- Canine Companions for Independence
- Napa Humane
- St. Augustine High School
- Mission San Juan Capistrano
- One Hope Wine
- Aids Life Cycle
Anyone seeking help is encouraged to send us a donation request form.